Friday, March 27, 2009

Sidewalk Chalk

A few days ago we tried a new idea out--Homemade Sidewalk Chalk. The kids thought it was just the greatest.

Plaster of Paris, water, food coloring and/ or tempra paint (liquid or dry). Mix ingred. until the consistency of a thick cake batter. Pour into molds. We used cookie cutters placed on waxed paper and a silicone rose cupcake pan I had. How cool is it to have "rose shaped" sidewalk chalk??!! :-)

Khara didn't know her pic. was being taken. She really DID enjoy making this. : )



The finished product:


3 comments:

Tamra said...

Neat idea! I bet my kids would love to make chalk. Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Jana, that is amazing! I love how Kelsey is looking at Khara in that picture next to the last one. :-)

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Now that we have our very own sidewalk, I need to get Blake some.