Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Great Weekend !!

Last weekend we took a little mini vacation. Marks beloved :-) Michigan basketball team was playing in the NCAA just 2 hours away. He was able to find a great deal on some tickets. I was able to find a great deal on a motel room (Thanks, Priceline :-). On Thursday afternoon to Kansas City we headed. Mark met a friend and was off to the game. I visited with some friends awhile, did some things with the kids, and then went to the motel where a happy Mark (MI won that night :-), joined us later.


Kaden lovin' the big, soft, bed.



Khara ready for bed, reading!!! Her FAVORITE past time!!

This picture just cracks me up. I have no idea why Kelsey was so sober but hey, we'll take what we can get!! :-)


We packed a lot into our two days in the city.

Cabelas:

We always really enjoy this place.

Amazing animals!

If guns are involved in any way Kaden is THRILLED!!!


Mark wanted to take a picture of this animal, something to do with a game he had loved watching the night before....;-)

If was great running into my longtime friend, Jennifer C.. I didn't think to grab the camera but since she told me she checks this blog I'll say again how great it was to see her. :-)


After leaving Cabela's we went to the T-Rex Cafe. A really neat place!!
We were seated in the Geo room where a volcano erupted every 30 minutes. There were lots of Dino's., aquariums,...very interesting!!




It was a little dark so this didn't turn out very well, but coming down the stairs, this was hanging from the ceiling. Great decor!!!


Have to include one more picture of Karson. He has discovered a new love. Looking for mama's drink on the counter. Oh, no!! I may have to quit this bad habit! :-)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like everybody had a great time. Loved the wolverine picture and the picture of Karson with your drink! :-) That T-Rex Cafe looks like a really cool place.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome outing. Looks like everyone had a great time. Connor would have LOVED the T-Rex Cafe. Wish they has something like that around here.

becky said...

Tell Mark I am soooo jelous he got to go to that game. Becky Gerard

Queen of the Castle said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!!! Next time you're up here, let me know...I would love to see you too! ;-)

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun little get away! The pic of Karson reminds me so much of Caleb. He's the little Diet Coke thief around here...LOVES the stuff. (But we don't know where he gets that. lol)Also, seeing Khara with a book is SO much like Lauren. She is a TOTAL bookworm too....I'm sure they would have a lot of fun talking books together. It's always a challenge to keep her in good books :)

Anonymous said...

Karson is getting so big - and looking so grown up!! Can't wait to see you all next week!! :)
Dana

SJW said...

Hey, sorry we missed you all! We'd love to see you the next time you're in the area...please give us a holler and we'll do what we can to meet up with you. But I'll bet you we had better weather where we were last weekend! =) Check out my facebook page for some pics of Travis's graduation, etc.

Victoria said...

The photo of the kids with Karson in the cart...lol. They get so heavy, don't they!:) My favorite is of Karson with the soda. Reminds me of one of my favorites of Camen with a muffin in a hotel room in Ca. Afraid he likes to take advantage of my same bad habit as well.;) Karson has changed so much since Christmas. What cute little men! Can't wait to see you all.