Thursday, August 02, 2007

~Still Here~

I think this has been one of the longest gaps between posts for me. Along with the rest of the world, we have been keepin' on keepin' on. :-)

Last Friday night our family went to Kansas State Holiness Camp for the weekend. It's a camp I went to a couple of times while growing up. Mark had been once, back when he was traveling with G.B.S. quartet. I am sad to say, I did not take my camera. We ended up having 30 family members there and had a wonderful time!!! This camp is all AC, has a beautiful auditorium for the services, serves delicious food, and has great dorms!!!! Bro. James Keaton preached some powerful messages, along with Bro. Joseph Smith who gave some incredible admonition for the day!!!

I came home to lots of laundry on Monday (we weren't priviledged to have wash./dry. in our room this time :-)). Thankfully, it was rainy and dreary--a great day to get caught up on the house chores.

Tuesday, I took the kids to storytime and to run some errands. That kept us in town until lunchtime, so a trip to McDonalds was requested and granted. (One of their favorites, not mine.)

Wednesday, we were invited to a picnic and play party for some friends who are moving. (Once again, I forgot my camera :-<.) He was a Doctor here in town but got a job offer closer to his home town, so we said good-bye. There kids were 7, 4, and 2 , so we will miss them. Today is Thursday!!!!! I've been canning tomatoes,and shelling peas. ( By the way, if anyone wants to swing by, I would love to load you down with garden produce. With the rain we've been getting and the hot weather, our garden is thriving!!! ) The kids are playing outside so I'm trying to take this quick moment to type away. :-) I'm sure they will be busting through the door anytime wanting water and snacks. Oh, and tonight, I head to the first P.T.O. meeting of this school year where I am holding the position of V.P.--eeekkkk!!! These meetings are so interesting!!! If you want to really know what goes on--join!! Hope you have been having a great week!!


Kelsey and Khara love to take pictures (which I guess is a good thing since I forget to so much), so I'm sharing a couple of their recent photo shoots . :-)




With the rain, we have gotten more than our share of raking in!!!



Posing for each other instead of cleaning their room.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jana, enjoyed your pictures. I think it's so cute how your girls were posing for each other! And boy, do I wish I lived close to you! I would love to take some of those yummy vegetables off your hands!

Tamra said...

You sound like one busy momma! Fresh veggies sound really yummy right now.

Brenda said...

Too funny! I loved the pictures of Khara and Kelsey posing too. They are hilarious!

Kendall and Leanna said...

Yes, I'm still here. I would rather read blogs than take care of my own. :) Wish I was in MO right now to help you get rid of those fresh vegetables. :)

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Jana,
Enjoyed the update! Sounds like life has been busy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comment! =)

Guess what I FINALLY made on Monday? I finally found Ritz Crackers without a cheese filling, so I made your Ritz Cracker Pie, and we enjoyed it. I just posted a pic of one of the slices of it, along with saying that I got the recipe from you! =)

Take care,
Love, Heather =)

Les said...

How I wish I could come get some fresh produce. Everything is so dry here. When you come to town for the Creation Museum, I'd be glad to join you!