Friday, May 04, 2007

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!


Have I ever mentioned that I don't really care for cops??? No, I would never say that, my brother is one. But, I do Despise items they like to issue. 'Nuff said?? No, let me explain...

Thursday afternoon I was trying to make sure I made it on time to a dentist appointment for Khara. The office had been very nice and squeezed us in for an emergency appt. I was a couple of miles on my way listening to an upbeat Collingsworth CD, my mind on a million things, when HE clocked me going oh, shall I say, significantly over the allowed limit. Kelsey was in the front seat and since I thought that might me against the law I had her quickly go get buckled in the back. (BAD idea!!) HE saw the "kid action" so also tried to do his civil duty by putting a #2. on the wonderful yellow piece of paper for no seat belt.

When I started to post about this yesterday my feelings were much different. Thankfully, I waited and you are now reading a pretty calm post. I do realize it really is their job, and if it taught Khara and Kelsey that you truly do have to be buckled up at all times and saves them from something in the future it will have been all very well worth it!!!

On a positive note, the amount was much less than I thought it would be. And, its just money anyway, right???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

70 in a 55!!!! Whooo hoooo hooooo!!
Thats grounds for taking your permit away. Glad you didn't go to jail. What a nice lesson for the kids.

Jana said...

Okay, Phil!!! Were you one of the ones who use to drive the quartet van around at an ungodly rate of speed?? I may even have a witness on that one. :-)

Carrie said...

Ha, ha! I'm going to love to see your post next week, Phil, on your OWN speeding ticket!

Jana, that is a bummer. Martha and Angie can certainly empathize.

The Dickinsons said...

That's sad Jana...sorry for that ticket! Those are not fun! But, Glad that you are trying to have a good attitude over the whole thing.
=)
Love, Heather

Kendall and Leanna said...

Sorry you got caught :) Dana told us about Kelsey scrambling to get to the back. That was pretty funny.

Les said...

I'm starting to get a little nervous. I've never had a ticket and it seems to be "going around" in the blog world!

Nancy said...

Hmmmm....I'm wondering about your feelings for Kendall right now. LOL!And since I've never gotten one,I know I'm long over due for getting one of those pieces of paper. Sorry! It IS a waste of $$ isn't it!