Tuesday, March 13, 2007

**Doom's Day**

Okay, hopefully that is too strong of a title...I will find out tomorrow. Tomorrow at approx. 12:15 I will be going under the knife!! I am having all three of my wisdom teeth removed. I know, I know, thousands of people have it done but it is a first for me , obviously, ha ha :-). This will be my first time to have teeth pulled or be "put-under" so I am, shall I say, a little anxious??. The almanac sign is in the knees so that is definitely a plus. (Right, Aaron H. ??:-))

Since I will not be blogging until I return home from surgery,(and then I will do it while sucking on a Popsicle and holding bags of frozen peas on my face), I welcome all of your experiences, good or bad. I've heard/read some pretty interesting ones. My mom thought I should probably stop researching it quite so much on the Internet. :-)


I'm off to get one more Big drink of water before I start my 12 hour fast. Hope YOU have a great Wednesday!!

5 comments:

Leanna Pitcher said...

Well, I wasn't going to post my experience, but since you asked here it is. I had my wisdom teeth taken out at least 8 or more years ago. The surgery itself went fine, but I suffered with severe TMJ for years. I mostly do ok with it now, but not until I had a bite plate made and wore it for a while. Good luck!

Nancy said...

Ouch! I will thinking if you. I had mine cut out about 17 years ago to accommodate my braces.It was scary, I'll admit and my cheeks looked like a chipmunks for a day or two. Other than that, I don't remember much else about it. So, it must not be that bad :) I hope all goes well for you.

Greg & Stephanie said...

I had mine cut out when I was somewhere between 14 and 16 (not sure why I can't remember, except that I've had way too many dental experiences)and my grandma stayed with me to change my ice packs every 15 min. I had chipmunk cheeks which turned black and blue after a couple of days. Then again, I did have four wis. teeth, all of which were totally under the gum...ewww! Even remembering this gives me the creeps! As for being "put under", it's not bad at all, at least considering the alternative. I've been "out" many times, and the worst part is waking up. After that, things shape up quickly. Good luck...we'll be praying!

Martha C said...

Ouch! I am already feeling your pain.
Two of mine were removed four years ago, and I do not recall the experience as horrible. I didn't have much swelling and never did use all of my pain meds. In no time I was back on my feet taking care of a three year old and a six month old. Hope your "experience" is a pleasant one, too! :-)
The funny/embarrassing part was when I was coming back to this planet, I kept crying and asking Troy to hold my hand. He thought it was funny; I was thinking the latter!

Carrie said...

Sorry, no experience here, as I still have my wisdom teeth. My dentist thought I might need them some day! :)