Saturday, March 15, 2008


It's amazing how fast things can change!! If I had known what this week would bring, I would have been more than glad to just skip it.

A couple hours after my Monday eve. post with the wishes for a "happy, healthy week", I found my self in the emergency room with some serious post child birth complications. Due to this being a "co-ed" blog, I won't go in to all the details but, I got to see some nurses and Doc's work very fast!! Mark was left in the emergency room waiting room for almost an hour before they would even let him come back to where I was. Of course we took Karson with us and he did so well all night as we were in the E.R. with them trying to get me stabilized. My blood pressure kept dropping very low (80's /50's) and my heart would race. The fluids were being pushed pretty fast into my system. At about 5 a.m. they were able to get me up to a room. I went for surgery at 8:30 a.m. the next morning and was expected to be gone a couple of hours. Again, Mark was left to try to keep Karson happy. I got back to the room 4 hours later. I came home Tues. night and have been getting stronger ever since, thankfully!!

It has been quite a week but I still have so much to be thankful for:

An O.B. nurse told me I need to come to the hospital--NOW!! I thought maybe I could wait and just go the next morning. I realize now I probably wouldn't have made it through the night.

My mother quickly stepped in and has helped me tremendously. I haven't cooked a meal, done laundry, or washed a dish all week. I couldn't have made it without her!!

A very caring and understanding husband and children. I'm around, but just can't do much.

On top of all that, Khara and Kaden have been sick all week, fevers, coughs, colds. Khara went to school on Monday and didn't go back the rest of the week. She even had to miss her Easter party. :-( (Needless to say I had to pass those party responsibilities off as well.) A trip to the doctor today, 5 prescriptions later, I think they are on the mend as well.

Well, here's to a much BETTER WEEK!!!


Tamra said...

My goodness! Sounds like you've been through it! Glad you are doing better.

Bethany said...

OH MY STARS! You probably wouldn't have made it through the night? Thank God you went! I tell you, these bods of ours take a lot getting those babies here!

Julie said...

Sorry to hear about your week! I can't imagine what all you went through but I'm glad you listened to that nurse! Hope you continue to get better.

Liz said...

That's scary! I'm so glad you're all right! Get all the rest you can!

(I'm warding off all scared thoughts since I've just delivered a baby too . . .)

Nancy said...

Leanna just mentioned this to me on the phone today.....I hadn't checked your blog lately. So glad you went to the hospital when you did. How scary. It's just scary to think about all that can go wrong with having a baby.....even postpartum you still aren't "home safe" for several months....I know that first hand!

Martha C said...

Bless your heart! So sorry to read this. I know just what you mean about a great husband and mother! I was so messed up when I came home from the H and was not able to walk more than 50' without being doubled over in pain. I couldn't even lift Silas at times. Within one month of leaving the H, I had four different infections! I must say it makes you feel like a soldier with battle scars, doesn't it?! :-) It also makes Silas seem more precious to me. I will remember you in my prayer time this evening.