Thursday, December 10, 2009

Construction!!!!

Many of you know that we are under a MAJOR construction project!!! We are enlarging the size of our kitchen, dining, and laundry plus adding a master bed/bath. I am so excited about this project but it is also bringing a few challenges. Right now I am without a kitchen. Ever cooked solely w/microwave, crock pot, elec. skillet, etc. def. a challenge. And, as of Monday I lost my washer/dryer. :-( The end IS near--hopefully it will all be done in 3 weeks! VERY EXCITING!!!

The first step of a huge process! Breaking up the old patio so construction can begin on top of it!

Can't get a much closer view. They loved watching the action right outside the window. Now they can watch action from the living room. :-)

Where there is construction there is fresh dirt/mud. I've quickly found out mud is a little boy magnet!!!!! I could post a lot of pics of these 3 little boys in this "mud dream world". Needless to say, the construction workers enjoyed some laughs as I let the little guys enjoy life to the fullest.


Check out the supervisor. :-) Mark was actually talking to some of them up on the roof.


These pics. were taken almost a month ago. I took a few pics. today and am amazed at the progress. The sheet rock is up and has been prepped to be textured. We choose paint colors and flooring this weekend. Stay tuned for more pics.

6 comments:

Angie D said...

I'm a little jealous. :o) I would love to see more pictures as the project progresses, and I hope you have your kitchen back by Christmas...

The Salisburys said...

How exciting! You definitely have more of a reason not to blog! What a wonderful Christmas present! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see the final pictures! This will be SOOO nice!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, what a project. So glad you get a bigger place though. Everyone needs a bigger kitchen:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.